Sunday, September 03, 2006

Day Tripper


Took at trip to Ryton Organic Gardens in Coventry today. Lack of time meant we only managed to walk around half of the 30 gardens they have on the grounds. The range of flowers, fruits and vegetables has given us lots of inspiration for next year though I think it will be quite some time before our plot looks quite so organised.





Pictured here are the paper husks of chinese lanterns and the autumnal orange of the Uchiki Kuri.



As you can see the bees loved these garlic chives growing in the allotment garden. There were lots of weird and wonderful vegetable varieties growing including Red Elephant carrots and Red Russian kale which is sorely tempting me to join the Heritage Seed Library. Came away with yet more seed packets and lots of plans.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I can comment! Man, I've been biting my tongue for ages! :-D

First off I have to say thanks for the tip off. I read this post and knew right away that I was going to take the mistress down to Ryton for a day out and great day out it was too, so thanks from both of us!

Secondly, great blog :)

allotmenteer said...

Glad you enjoyed Ryton! It's really inspiring isn't it? It has given me lots of ideas for next year's allotmenteering.

Glad you like the blog:)