Sunday, February 18, 2007

Legs Eleven

In my enthusiasm to see something growing again I have filled up the window sills with seedlings. But, like MTP, I’ve found that warm rooms might make plants poke their leaves up in super quick time but they also encourage them to grow into leggy young things. While the lettuce seedlings have now flopped over completely, the peas and broad beans are fairing somewhat better. Still, I think it’s best to treat ‘em mean. In a kill or cure kind of fashion I’ve banished them all to the cold frame.


3 comments:

RUTH said...

Beautiful photos on your blog. I must agree the meaner you treat them the hardier they become.

allotmenteer said...

Glad you like the blog.

Yes, the mean treatment seems to be working as they are doing really well now they are out in the cold.

Melanie Rimmer said...

I agree with the "treat 'em mean" philosophy. In any case, my house is full of chitting potatoes so I've no space for seedlings!